Effective Date: November 15, 2014
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THE WEBSITE POLICIES, DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THIS WEBSITE.
Please read the information below:
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect several types of information about visitors to this Website and/or users of our services. We may collect this information either directly when you provide it to us or automatically as you navigate through the Website.
- Personally Identifiable Information. 'Personally Identifiable Information' refers to information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, email address, or school. We will collect and process such data about you when you register for a service/create an account, subscribe to a newsletter, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication. When ordering products or services on the Website, you may also be asked to provide a credit card number and other payment-related information. You may also provide information to be published or displayed ("posted") on public areas of the Website (such as blogs, forums, message boards, and the like), or transmitted to other users of the Website using 'sharing' features (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Depending upon the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We may collect, or our third party ad server and/or content server may collect, certain Non-Personally Identifiable Information, that does not by itself identify a specific individual. Such information tells us about your equipment, browsing actions, the resources that you access and use on the Website, your Internet Protocol ('IP') address, operating system and browser type. We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our servers, software, to administer our Website and to gather demographic information. Our third party ad servers will provide us with summary, but not individual, reports that will tell us how many ads were presented and clicked upon at our Website. The information that we collect automatically is 'statistical' in nature. It helps us to deliver a better and more personalized service to users, by enabling us to estimate usage patterns, customize our Website according to your individual preferences, and speed up your searches.
- Device Information. When you download our mobile application and use our services, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use and the operating system version, so we know the best application version to provide you with. We do not ask you for, access or track any location based information from your mobile device at any time while downloading or using our Mobile Application or services.
2. WHERE WE STORE DATA
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection
- If you pay for a service using a credit card, we will transmit your credit card data to the appropriate credit card company and/or credit card payment processing company
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our service
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you use the Contact Us form on our site, we will respond to your inquiry and delete the information provided after your request has been fulfilled.
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We provide some of our services through contractual arrangements with services providers and other third parties. We and our service partners use your Personally Identifiable Information to operate our websites and to deliver services. For example, we must release your credit card information to the card-issuing bank to confirm payment for products and services purchased on this Website; release your address information to the delivery service to deliver products that you ordered; and provide order information to third parties that help us provide customer service. We will encourage our service partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your Personally Identifiable Information by our service partners is governed by the privacy policies of those service partners, and is not subject to our control.
- We will disclose Personally Identifiable Information in the following circumstances: (i) if it is required by law enforcement or judicial authorities, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation; (ii) if we have a good faith belief that we are required or permitted to do so by law or legal process; (iii) to protect the rights, reputation, property or safety of OSSU or others; (iv) to defend or enforce our rights or your obligations; (v) if the disclosure is required by mandatory professional standards; (vi) to a 3rd party with your prior consent to do so; or (vii) If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to enforce or apply our Website Policies, or any contracts or agreement that may exist between you and OSSU. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- In the event that OSSU decides to sell all or part of its stock or assets or enter into a merger, we reserve the right to include Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information among the assets transferred to the acquiring or surviving company.
- We may provide Non-Personally Identifiable Information about our customers' sales, traffic patterns, and related Website information to third party advertisers, but these statistics do not include any Personally Identifiable Information.
5. UPDATING OR CORRECTING YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
You may change any of your Personally Identifiable Information online by logging into 'My Account' in accordance with instructions posted elsewhere on this Website.
Operational Safety Services University
C/O ListenToSee, Inc.
2090-D Avenida de los Arboles, Suite 113
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
Attn: OSSU Business Affairs
Please include your name, address, and e-mail address when you contact us. We encourage you to promptly update your Personally Identifiable Information if it changes. You may ask to have the information on your account deleted or removed and request that we no longer have contact with you; however, because we keep track of past transactions, you cannot delete information associated with past transactions on this Website. In addition, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without some residual information because of backups.
6. CANCELLING YOUR ACCOUNT OR DELETING PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
If you would like to cancel your user account, login into your account and go Settings then click the Edit Settings button. Then click the Delete My Account link in your user setting.
7. CHOICES REGARDING YOUR CONTROL OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
You can access some of the information that we collect about you. For example, you can access information regarding recent orders from the Website; Personally Identifiable Information; communication preferences; and payment settings.
With respect to your communications preferences, you can unsubscribe from newsletters by following the instructions included in the newsletter you receive or you can log into your account and update your newsletter and email subscription options. If your e-mail address has changed and you would like to continue to receive newsletters, you will need to access your account and update your e-mail address information in your account and sign-up again for the newsletter. Occasionally we may send out e-mails concerning website disruptions.
If you indicated upon registration that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us and our partners, we may occasionally send you direct mail about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. Only OSSU (or agents working on behalf of us and under confidentiality agreements) will send you these direct mailings and only if you did not 'opt-out' of such offers.
We do not send unsolicited commercial e-mails ("spam"), buy or sell e-mail lists, or use purchased or harvested e-mail lists. We offer commercial e-mail recipients the opportunity to opt-out of further communications in every e-mail. Please note that we may not include the opt-out information in non-commercial e-mails (i.e., e-mails concerning your order, the Website Terms and Conditions of Use, etc.).
You also have choices with respect to cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies some parts of our Website may not work properly in your case.
8. INFORMATION RELATED TO DATA COLLECTED THROUGH THE OSSU PLATFORM SERVICE
OSSU will retain personal data we process on behalf of our clients for as long as needed to provide services to our client. We will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
9. DATA SECURITY
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
To make online purchases you must use an SSL-enabled browser in order to protect the confidentiality of your personal and credit card information while it is transmitted over the Internet.
Access by you to your account is available through a password and/or unique username selected by you. This password is encrypted. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone, that you change your password often using a combination of letters and numbers, and that you ensure you use a secure web browser. We cannot be held accountable for activity that results from your own neglect to safeguard the secrecy of your password and username. If you share a computer with anyone, you should always log out of the Website before leaving it to prevent access to your information from subsequent users of that computer.
Personal information that you provide that is not Personally Identifiable Information also resides on a secure server and is only accessible via password. Since this information is not accessible from outside OSSU, you will not be asked to select a password in order to view or modify such information.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Website cannot be guaranteed and we shall have no liability to you or any third party for loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration of such information; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
When you use our Website we will store cookies on your computer in order to facilitate and customize your use of our Website.
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small data text file, which a website stores on your computer's hard drive (if your Web browser permits) that can later be retrieved to identify you to us.
Our cookies store randomly assigned user identification numbers, the country where you are located, and your first name to welcome you back to our Website. The cookies make your use of the Website easier, make the Website run more smoothly, and save your logged-in state so that you do not have to log in each time that you visit the Website. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but if you do so, our Website will not recognize your computer and you may not have access to all portions of the Website.
11. MOBILE ANALYTICS
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personal information you submit within the mobile application.
12. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND ADVERTISERS
13. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS - CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Note, that we will not share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for their marketing purposes without obtaining your prior consent. Moreover, if you have granted us permission, such third parties' use of your Personally Identifiable Information will be subject to their privacy policies. You should contact those entities directly regarding any communications you may receive from them, including, if you later decide that you no longer want that third party to use your personal information.
15. COMMUNITIES, FORUMS, CHAT ROOMS, AND MESSAGE BOARDS
16. SOCIAL MEDIA (FEATURES)
17. HOW DO YOU CONTACT US WITH QUESTIONS?
Operation Safety Services University
C/O ListenToSee, Inc.
2060-D Avenida de los Arboles, Suite 113
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
Attn: OSSU Business Affairs
Phone Number: 1 (866) 574-4014 or +1 (310) 613.4534